Maximizing participation in the assessment requires continuous reminders. Some guidelines and templates are provided below:
- After the initial launch, follow up with a reminder email blast every 3-4 days.
- Publish an article in each worship bulletin.
- Appoint someone whenever people gather to make a short appeal. This includes worship, coffee hour, choir practice, committee meetings, education classes, pot luck dinners, and any other place and time you can think of.
- Try something fun and unique to encourage participation. Some churches have handed out small kit-kat bars, others cat or cow buttons/stickers. Some have built a CAT goal meter and placed in a prominent location displaying the number of folks who have participated. One church even had a member who collected CAT sweaters and wore a different one each Sunday when she made the appeal in worship.
- Have fun with it but be persistent!
- Be sure to send us an email or give us a call to check in on progress. We will also send you a weekly update each Friday.